Tuesday, December 18, 2007

NEWS: Pitchfork Include 4 Hip Hop/Rap Songs In Year's Top 10

After giving T.I. and Clipse some nods, and Justin Timberlake getting song of the year last year for 'My Love', indie-rock media power house continues it's fascination with random Hip Hop songs. Props for picking superior deep cut 'Ignorant Shit' over Rolling Stones's song of the year 'Roc Boys' (which has grown on me, but is still not as good as the former). This year's top 10 features 4 Hip Hop/Rap Songs. Ok, so I'm kind of including M.I.A.'s song 'Paper Planes' in the Hip Hop/Rap category just for having Bun B and Rich Boy on it, and Rihanna's 'Umbrella' for Jay-Z's half-assed intro verse. Check out all Hip Hop/Rap tracks that appear in the top 100 below, and the full list can be read here.

Pitchforks Top 100 Tracks Of 2007
4: M.I.A. - 'Paper Planes (Remix)' ft. Bun B and Rich Boy
5: Rihanna - 'Umbrella' ft. Jay-Z
6: UGK - 'Int'l Players Anthem (I Choose You)' ft. Outkast
10: Jay-Z - 'Ignorant Shit' ft. Beanie Sigel
21: M.I.A. - Boyz
25: Kanye West - Can't Tell Me Nothing
26: Jay-Z - Roc Boys (And the Winner Is...)
27: Lil Mama - Lip Gloss
28: Dizzee Rascal - Pussy'ole (Old Skool)
32: R. Kelly - "I'm a Flirt (remix) ft. T.I. and T-Pain
50: Dude 'N Nem - Watch My Feet
51: Kanye West - Good Life ft T-Pain
56: Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass
59: Lil Wayne - Upgrade U
65: DJ Khaled - We Takin' Over ft. T.I., Akon, Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Birdman & Lil' Wayne
67: Devin the Dude - 'What a Job' ft. Andre 3000 and Snoop Dogg
70: Cassie - Is It You?
78: Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry on Their Own
84: 50 Cent - I Get Money

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS