Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Day I Previewed



Lord willing, I will put my feet on Indian soil come mid-July. I am looking forward to wearing a Dhoti. I have made solid promises however to not wear the loincloth/man diaper. Ms. K has already taken her first few steps and recounts her experiences so far here.



Surely most of you have at least heard one or more tracks off the brand new Thom Yorke solo album. I received my pre-release copy in the mail today and thoroughly enjoyed the few listens I got in. I would even dare to say it's my favorite release of the year so far. Think Radiohead's Kid A/Amnesiac pushed a tad bit further into Autechre land. And unlike a lot of people I adored both aformentioned albums so this solo record is making me all tingly and excited. And what a great cover it is also. It's actually part of a 12 foot piece by a Japanese artist. Go read about it and see it in the full here.

I wonder if Thom will do a video for this 9 track album. If so I can only hope that maybe it would be something along the lines of Street Spirit (Fade Out) my favorite Radiohead video ever, or really my favorite video ever by anyone. Watch below.



Download of the Day
Thom Yorke - Black Swan (MP3)
Thom Yorke - The Eraser (MP3)
Both via Jesse

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

01:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS