Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Day I Spun Around


Last night I was part of a Vultron-like puppet master. We held people by strings and made them move around in rhythmic patterns to the beat of a drum. I didn't sound a war drum though certain people did attack the dance floor in quite vigorous ways. White people are scary.

I was brought into a junkie-like state where every three minutes I would need a fix of other people's joy. Seth and I would flip through pages of Rachael's songbooks to pick just that right song to continue the movement. The art required intensifying it at certain times, and bringing it down a little also. I was all about the intensifying. I wanted to just keep going up up up as Rachael braced me and suggested a dancing break. In an almost Frankenstein of Dance manner I screamed out: "We cannot let the people down!! Dance motherfuckers!!! Dance!! Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!! Mhuahaha!!"

Transitions beautiful as Scarlett Johanson had songs segueway from one highlight to another. It became the major drug-release moment of "Will they respond to this one or will they go for a bathroom break"? Last night I tried to keep people from peeing.

This was what happened on the wheelz of steel when I was pushing the buttons.

Outkast - Hey Ya!
Beck - Sexx Laws
Robbie Williams - Rock DJ
B-52s - Roam
Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
Kayne West - Gold Digger
The Cure - Friday I'm In Love
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
Daft Punk - Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Michael Jackson - Rock With You
Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
Jay Z - 99 Problems
Sly & The Family Stone - Dance To The Music
Rolling Stones - Can't Get No Satisfaction
Rock Kills Kid - Hide Away
The Knife - Heartbeats

Download of the Day
Gwen Stefani & Beck - Hollaback Tambourine Girl (MP3) Via FMGT
Gwen Stefani & Cameo - Hollaback Girl RMX (MP3) Via LAT
The Blankett - Hey Ya (cover) (MP3) Via GoodHodgkins

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS