Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Day After


Stein, the Netherlands (12.25.06)

Sidenote :: Spending a week at home with the 'Rents reminds me why I'm so happy to be a Mac user now.

James Brown is dead. You know this and it's sad, but have you ever heard the song James Brown Is Dead released 10 years ago? One of my favorite old school hardcore electronica/dance tracks. Obviously Dutch produced. Download below.

I recently got a chance to put together some questions to interview DMC of the famed Run DMC. He opened up about his personal life as a foster child, modern day hip hop, and more. Read the interview over at BrooklynVegan.

Speaking of BV I've made a top 10 list of my favorite Hip Hop Albums just appeared here. I didn't attempt to make an overall non-genre specific list because I can't focus on a group of records that big. However, what I can say is that Timbaland probably produced the majority on my favorite pop songs of 2006. He did some amazing things on the Nelly Furtado album (who I previously couldn't stand) and of course on the Justin Timberlake album. My Love gets all the love but my favorite song on the record is actually the second vignette of Lovestoned/I Think She Knows. Download below. Read someone else's opinion here

Now for those interested in Morrissey, there's a wonderful 4 part documentary on YouTube (God Bless YouTube) that I discovered through SneakMove. It includes Noel Gallagher, JK Rowling, Bono, Christie Hynde, Nancy Sinatra, Bowie and personal friends and family of the Moz. See below.

Download
LA Style - James Brown Is Dead (MP3) via Armagideon
Justin Timberlake - Lovestoned/I Think She Knows (MP3) via Cacaphony&Coffee

Part 1



Part 2


Part 3


Part 4

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey wes,

totally agree with your assessment of timbaland and his work with jt, specifically the "i think she knows interlude". that's hands down the most stunning part of his overall thoroughly impressive sophomore effort. good stuff, this site's going to be one of my daily reads from now on.

19:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wes,
Damn first hip hop and now old school techno. Damn that song brings me back.

Be well.
Krist
thepunkguy.com

20:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS