Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Day of Relief


East Village, NYC - 07/06/06

Children come out of the blue sky and into life with a certain speed and joie-de-vivre that decays with time. Sometimes it doesn't. I hope it won't for me. I hope it won't for you. Can you hear them screaming? Do they know there is always one last light to turn out before they go to sleep? Whose responsibility is it to walk in the dark when the last light goes out?

The last installment in the top 10 favorite music videos.
#10 Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares To You



Previously
1. Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)
2. Johnny Cash - Hurt (Mark Romanek)
3. Blur - Coffee & TV
4. Bjork - All Is Full Of Love (Chris Cunningham)
5. Michael Jackson - Thriller
6. Blind Melon - No Rain
7. Aphex Twin - Windowlicker (Chris Cunningham)
8. Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight, Tonight
9. Guns N' Roses - November Rain

More albums added to my iTunes.



Musiq Souldchild - Aijuswanaseing (2000) :: Eh.
Ella Fitzgerald - First Lady Of Song (1994) :: Wow!
Souls of Mischief - 93 Til Infinity (1993) :: A Classic.



Diana Ross - Blue :: Not so great.
Rage Against The Machine - Evil Empire :: Not their best
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - Fear Is On Our Side (2006) :: Ooh!



I really enjoyed Fear Is On Our Side by I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness. They'd been one of my favorite bands for years without me actually hearing their music. That is how much i like their name. I was always kind of nervous about listening to their music because surely it would be dissappointing. Now, 2 years later I discover they make beautiful music. Bbrooding atmospheric rock with substance and actual hooks. Recommended. The play Bowery Ballroom July 19th. I'd be there, but I will be eating lentil soup across the globe.

Download of the Day
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - The Ghost (MP3) via BigStatic
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - Last Ride Together (MP3) via BigStatic

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS