Friday, September 14, 2007

NEWS: BET Nominees

The nominees for the BET Award have been announced.

The only categories that matter below.

Best Hip-Hop Video
50 Cent - I Get Money
Chamillionaire feat. Slick Rick - Hip-Hop Police
Common - The People
Ludacris feat. Mary J. Blige - Runaway Love
UGK feat. Outkast - International Players Anthem
Kanye West - Stronger

I can't believe I Get Money was nominated in this category. My vote goes to Cham with a slight edge for originality.

Best Collabo
Birdman & Lil Wayne - Stuntin’ Like My Daddy
Diddy feat. Keyshia Cole - Last Night
Fabolous feat. Ne-Yo - Make Me Better
UGK feat. Outkast - International Players Anthem
DJ Khaled - We Takin’ Over feat. Akon, T.I., Rick Ross, Fat Joe and Lil Wayne

This should clearly go to UGK, but I expect the Khaled track to win.

Lyricist of the Year
Common
Lil Wayne
Jay-Z
T.I.
Kanye West

Hm. Jay-Z would win this any year, but maybe Common would edge him out with more relevant output this year?

MVP of the Year
Common
Lil Wayne
Jay-Z
T.I.
Kanye West

If MVP stands for Most Valuable Playa clearly Jay-Z would take it. If it's about being a double or triple threat, then it can only be Kanye West.

Track of the Year
“A Bay Bay” by Hurricane Chris
“Big Things Poppin’ (Do It)” by T.I.
“Can’t Tell Me Nothing” by Kanye West
“I Get Money” by 50 Cent
“Party Like a Rockstar” by Shop Boyz

The one category 50 can genuinely win. I'm rooting for him on this one.

Producer of the Year
Mannie Fresh
Polow Da Don
Swizz Beatz
Timbaland
Kanye West

Did anyone even come close to Timbaland's success and overall presence this year?

Rookie of the Year
Hurricane Chris
Lil' Boosie
MIMS
Plies
Rich Boy

Ha! Really?

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS