Wednesday, May 21, 2008

NEWS: Saigon Released From Atlantic, Masters In Hand

DOWNLOAD Saigon - Believe It (MP3)

Saigon got released from Atlantic Records. I was wondering what was taking so long for this to get released. Just Blaze also tells us they're walking away with the masters, so maybe it can come out soon elsewhere. The latest single is 'Believe It' and can be streamed in the SDSU player, and downloaded above.

After numerous delayed release dates for his debut album, rapper Saigon has officially departed Atlantic Records, to which he signed in 2004.

Saigon says he's in talks with several major labels as well as a non-traditional music company for his next artist deal. His latest single, "Believe It," was released today (May 21) via TheMegatrondon2.com. Saigon says he has seven viral videos ready to release but was waiting until his contract was resolved.

"I'm not that excited about going to a major label," Saigon says. "They would have to make it so I'm set for the rest of my life. They want too much for the little that they're giving."

"It's not like I didn't want to put out music," he continues. "But Atlantic wanted me to do ringtone songs but they didn't sign me as a ringtone artist."

Saigon adds that he was left "without much support" when the A&R rep who signed him, Kyambo "Hip-Hop" Joshua, left to join Columbia three months afterward.

"They gave me $18,000 to shoot the video for 'Pain In My Life' and I'm seeing Plies get $100,000 and Lupe [Fiasco] get $150,000," he says. "What the f*ck? Those artists are friends of mine, but now I'm happier than I've been in a minute."
(Full article here)

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS