Thursday, January 10, 2008

NEWS: Just Blaze Interview

I hate mentioning brand names on here, but Red Bull's Music Academy posted a really great and long transcription of their Just Blaze interview. Here's a snippet about working on Jay-Z's 'Show Me What You Got'. Read the interview in four parts here: 1, 2, 3, 4.


Just Blaze @ Radio City Music Hall. More here.
"To me, the funny thing about that record is the Public Enemy, the whole Public Enemy thing wasn’t even intentional. What happened was Jay had the record and he’s in one room and he’s got this hook called ‘Show Me What You Got’. I’m in the other room and I’m messing with the horns from ‘Darkest Light’ which P.E. used for ‘Show ‘Em What Ya Got’ on ‘[It Takes] A Nation of Millions [To Hold Us Back]’. I didn’t know what he was thinking, he didn’t know what I was thinking. So when I walked in the room and he’s sitting there doing the, you know, (sings) “Show me what ya got/Show me what ya got”, and I’m like, “Wait a minute.” I’m in the other room with the horns, so I was like: “Alright this is something that has to be.”

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS