Friday, February 15, 2008

NEWS: Sickamore Quite Atlantic A&R Position

In the category of "Finally someone with a spine/something that should happen more often": Sickamore has regisned as Director of A&R at Atlantic Records. I've been following this guys career for a few years through his early mixtapes and I'm happy to see he's keeping his back straight.



"Gave my notice last week Tuesday, though today is my final day in the office. No, I'm not leaving to take another job. Nor was I fired attempting to cover it up. I've just lost faith in the major label system. I'm a guy of integrity so the last thing I'll ever do is stay somewhere just to collect a check or say I'm "an A&R". That's just wack. Though I'll continue to consult for Atlantic, Asylum Records, Columbia Records as well as continuing to help the artists I've signed like Wynter Gordon, Slim of 112 and of course Saigon.

People who know me know I'm very passionate about my career. I started two businesses (record store in 2002 and The Famous Firm b/k/a I Can Make You Famous) before I had this job. I didn't take this position for the money. When Hip Hop first mentioned it to me in December 2005, I was hesitant. My lawyer laughed when I told her about it: "You're going to get a job?!?!?! You make more money on your own! Atlantic is about to fold! You're crazy!". But I knew the experience would be vital for my career growth. So I took it. I told myself "give it at least two years." That was February 2006."
Read the full blog post here.

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this dude is a real hip hop head thru and thru..... much love to sickamore

VIOLATOR ALL-STAR DJ'S, DJ JAM X & WEB

22 EXCLUSIVE ORIGINAL CUTS!!!!

COPY AND PASTE THE LINK TO DOWNLOAD....

http://www.zshare.net/download/72304356b897e2/

21:15  
Blogger Nikola said...

No where in the state of Michigan is a person more than six miles from water.payday cash advance

07:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS