Wednesday, September 26, 2007

NEWS: David Banner Speaks Up

The Hip Hop Hearings taking place in congress right now and yesterday Master P and David Banner spoke.


"..Rapper and record producer Levell Crump, known as David Banner, was defiant as lawmakers pressed him on his use of offensive language. "I'm like Stephen King: horror music is what I do," he said in testimony laced with swear words. "Change the situation in my neighborhood and maybe I'll get better," he told one member of Congress.

"If by some stroke of the pen hip-hop was silenced, the issues would still be present in our communities," Crump said. "Drugs, violence, sexism and the criminal element were around long before hip-hop existed."
Full article here.

They also watched some music videos that were accused of being degrading to women. I wonder which video they are watching exactly in the picture below.

Labels: , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS