Monday, September 10, 2007

NEWS: Nas To Drop 'The God Year' in 4th Quarter

MTV reports Nas will be releasing a new album entitled The God Year during the 4th quarter. Supposedly the album is halfway done

I have a bad feeling about this part of the story:

"I celebrated having another #1 album in the country," he said of his last LP, Hip Hop Is Dead. "I was on the Virgin Islands on New Year's Day, I got the news I had another #1 album. I think I made some heads turn. I did my thing: no radio. Not much radio spins. Now I wanna have fun with the radio. I'll still try to reach for a higher ground and come sometime in December.

another worrisome bit:

You're probably wondering about his answer to the requisite "Is DJ Premier going to be working on the album?" question. Well, as for Primo's involvement, Nas gave a mysterious "who knows?"

Full article here.

Nas contemplating doing a pop record

Labels: ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt if you really enjoy hip-hop you'd hate on tracks like Memory Lane, Represent, Thief's Theme, NY State of Mind...Even a few tracks on his "Hip-hop is Dead Album". We even allowed ourselves to bump to a track produced by a basketball player turned producer! But, we hung in there! Now word of a "POP" album, after a huge revolutionary like message of Hip-hop being dead because of Pop MC's? Good move let me become the reason why Hip-hop is a bunch of dance moves and ringtones! Wtf!

20:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nas can do what he wants at this point. i'm sure if he makes radio songs they will be radio to nas' standards, like "get no better" wit cassidy or "i can". they still will have better lyrics than anyone out today and will get the new generation into his older stuff possibly.

14:07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nas can do what he wants at this point. i'm sure if he makes radio songs they will be radio to nas' standards, like "get no better" wit cassidy or "i can". they still will have better lyrics than anyone out today and will get the new generation into his older stuff possibly.

14:08  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

SDSU's SPONSORS